January 7, 2012

Vulnerability Challenge

A great friend of mine sent me a podcast recently from TED and challenged me to listen to it. Said it was something we all needed to hear, and so it sparked my interest. When I heard this podcast I was so SHOCKED at the truth that flowed from this women's lips. I listened to the podcast a few times and was so interested by this woman's research that I searched for her online. I found her blog and the books that she's written. I'm very impressed. 


Brene Brown is a research professor at the University of Houston. Her blog Ordinary Courage highlights her thoughts, random interviews of real people, and the progress on her book entitled The Gifts of Imperfection


The simplicity of what Brene Brown has to talk about is what sparked my interest. Perfectionism. No one talks about that... it's a "hush hush" topic people don't really mention and hardly anyone practices fully. 


Her challenge is simple:


Cultivate courage to embrace your imperfections.
Own who you are. 
Believe that you are ENOUGH.
Believe that you are worthy of LOVE. 


If you grasp these things in your life, you can live with true authenticity and vulnerability. And THAT is beautiful. 


My props to Brene.... and her research on the most important thing in life:


the heart. 



No comments:

Blog Archive