February 10, 2011

Sometimes

You get overwhelmed with thankfulness for people who are important in your life. They walk with you, laugh with you, and you have the joy of encouraging them. I'm blessed to have people like this. I really am.

Today, I'm thankful for my best friend.

It was her birthday ten days ago, and last night we celebrated by buying pillows for our couches and little fun things. Adult life is much more relaxed and less of an extravaganza than it used to be. I love that, though... It doesn't make a birthday any less important- just more savored. It was great. And to top it off, the snow started falling!

Here's to companionship. People who understand you. People who are honest and love you through life. Thank you for that, best friend.

And, Happy Belated Birthday :)

1 comment:

Blog Archive